Advancing Island Connections (AIC) – PEI’s premiere business showcase and networking forum that connects the immigrant and local business communities – will take place on Thursday, November 24, 2016 between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. at the Prince Edward Island Convention Centre. Admission is free, but pre-registration is required. The full 2016 program is available to view here.
Other Emergence clients who will participate in the program include:
- John Rowe, President, Honibe;
- Crystal Trevors, President & CEO, ViTRAK Systems.
- Jim Dunphy, President, Halibut PEI, Inc.
John, Crystal and Jim will all be featured panellists in the “Raising Private Capital” panel discussion.
AIC provides the opportunity for the local business community to :
- network with immigrants in order to access international markets, suppliers and talent;
- enjoy live pitches from owners selling businesses and entrepreneurs seeking investors;
- learn about professional services available to buyers, sellers and investors; and
- learn about raising private capital to finance business growth.
RPS, which will be presenting under the “Businesses Seeking Investment” session, is focused on the development and commercialization of fish health products for aquaculture. The company was incorporated in 2015 to commercialize the advanced research projects of founder and CEO Dr. Subrata Chowdhury.
RPS was announced recently as one of the successful recipients of Innovation PEI’s Ignition Startup Fund, which will help move the company’s anti-fungal product, Saprotect, toward regulatory approval and commercialization. Click here for the full story!
Saprotect was developed for the prevention and treatment of fungal infections in large scale fish farming operations. The natural product is a safe, eco-friendly and cost-effective alternative to toxic chemicals that are sometimes used against infectious microorganisms in aquaculture.