Emergence is partnering with our friends at BioNB to support the upcoming Atlantic BIOCON Conference which takes place at the Wu Conference Centre in Fredericton, New Brunswick on May 23 and 24, 2018.
Atlantic BIOCON 2018
Atlantic BIOCON 2018 is a 2-day conference designed to spark discussion and projects that transform renewable natural resources into business opportunities.
These opportunities form part of a vision for a sustainable future and circular economy where Canada’s biomass is used to its full potential. Responsible resource management practices, new innovative technologies, and research and development in our traditional industries are essential elements of this vision.
200 delegates from across the region, Canada, and the EU are expected to attend this year’s event. Click here to check out the conference program!
The target audience for Atlantic BIOCON includes:
- Processors and manufacturers working with biomass and seeking efficiencies or value-added solutions
- Technology entrepreneurs and start-ups
- Contractors, consultants, and service providers
- Investors and support organisations
- Students* (There is a special student rate and a poster session with prizes.)
Delegates can look forward to:
- A meet and greet at the King Street Alehouse;
- Presentations and panels on bioeconomy policy, bioenergy, aquaculture, marine, agriculture, forestry technologies, and renewables;
- Significant B2B partnering and networking opportunities;
- Networking supper with live entertainment;
- Poster session with prizes.
Emergence director, Martin Yuill, says that Emergence is partnering with BioNB to support the Atlantic BIOCON Conference because of the importance of expanding the early-stage and startup bioscience ecosystem across Atlantic Canada.
“The Emergence virtual business incubator supports the formation and growth of innovative startups and growth stage companies wherever they are located,” says Yuill.
“Our multi-year incubation model provides ventures with the guidance, professional services, mentorship, and access to capital they need to globally commercialize their products and services.”
Full details and registration information can be found at: http://www.atlanticbiorefineryconference.ca