Emergence client, Fredericton, New Brunswick-based Chinova Bioworks is hiring…
Chinova is actively seeking applications from qualified candidates for a Microbiology Technician.
Chinova Bioworksis an innovative food technology company that specializes in natural mushroom derived chitosan.
Chinovamakes new functional ingredients for the food and beverage industry that help clients meet major consumer trends for clean label and healthy preservation.
Chinova Bioworksoffers competitive salaries and benefits. This position is for our corporate headquarters in Fredericton, Canada.
The Microbiology Technician will be an integral member of the R&D team and will collaborate with the operations team. This role will focus on one primary task: to assist in testing Chinova’s products against various food and beverage spoilage microorganisms. This will require the candidate to use various microbiology laboratory protocols to produce the data required to show optimal performance.
- Work with various bacteria, yeast and mold species.
- Prepare, maintain, and perform quality control testing of all laboratory media used for the growth and propagation of microorganisms.
- Culture by propagation viable pathogenic and nonpathogenic stock cultures of bacteria, yeast and molds.
- Maintain viability and quality control of bacterial/yeast/mold cultures used during each test.
- Complete microbiology assays and record data.