BioTalent Canada’s Student Work Placement Program (SWPP) is an initiative to increase the job-readiness of students registered in STEM or business and all other programs at Canadian post-secondary institutions.
The program gives employers the freedom to:
- Gain access to funds to hire co-op students
- Leverage a pool of workers eager to enhance their skills
- Develop new talent for future recruitment needs
The program’s co-op wage subsidies help knock down that cost barrier, by covering the cost of a co-op student’s salary by 50% up to a maximum of $5,000 and 70% up to a maximum of $7,000 for first-year students and under-represented groups including:
- Women in STEM (Science, technology, engineering, and mathematics)
- Indigenous students
- Persons with disabilities
The program enables you to bring on an eager-to-learn student for a special project – and at the end of the placement end up with a skilled candidate already oriented to your company who could meet your future recruiting needs.
Spots Available Apply Now! @ biotalent.ca/Co-opFunds